Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adding Character: Wardrobe


My [or, rather, Conri's!] Gilneas Boys [L-R]: Twins Faolan & Farran and Greyer Lyall

One thing I love about Warcraft characters is their clothing. Mages and Priests wear robes, flowy garments as Warriors and Paladins wear plate armor; a low-level character might have been recruited into the Horde or Alliance with just the clothes on their back; Rogues wear leather, and perhaps only carry what they can to eliminate anything snagging onto them as they sneak around... An auctioneer might not wear "battle gear" and instead wear something flashy as they go about their business to and from the auction house.

With the introduction of the Worgen, I had a thought:
What does a Gilnean wear?


According to WoWWiki:
Gilneans, the inhabitants of Gilneas, are burly, and their costumes, weapons, architecture and accents have great Victorian connotations. With the environment, echoing 19th century London, gear might be fitted to withstand heavy rain and wind. (source)

Thus, I came up with this little list (and it has helped me a whole lot with acquainting myself with Greyer, my soon-to-be Worgen rogue):

No comments:

Post a Comment